Dear friends, Last Saturday we had a little event planned in our clinic. 35 of you attended and made it a success. For all of you who couldn`t make it, here is a short overview of the things we covered:
- Sleep about 8 hrs / day.
- Get to sleep by 10:30 pm.
- Eat a high-protein snack several hours before bed, which can provide the L-tryptophan to produce melatonin and serotonin.
- Look for the Good – Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, once said, “Whenever God wants to give us a gift, he wraps it up in a problem.” The bigger the gift you have coming, the bigger the problem you will receive. But the wonderful thing is that if you look for the gift, you will always find it.
- Proverbs 16:3 “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed”. (we will put everything together!)
The top 4 exercises for your spine are:
- elliptical trainer / cross country skiing / Nordic walking
- riding a bike
- Try to buy “Certified Organic” foods.
- Vegetables and fruit: the deeper its color, the more antioxidants are in it.
- Alcoholic beverages (esp. w/ sugar added) result in fast increase in blood sugar. Therefore the pancreas will release insulin in order to balance the blood sugar which will leave you hypoglycemic (which often causes severe hunger).
- Meat: get organic, grass fed meat.
- The smaller the fish, the less heavy metals are stored in them. If eating bigger fish, broil or barbecue it to have the fat drip down. If you can trim the fat, do so.
- To help digestion, pineapple and papaya enzymes can help.
- Since your brain controls everything, make sure that connection between the brain and the rest of the body (spinal cord) is without interference.
- If a vertebra misaligns, gets stuck and causes nerve pressure = Subluxation.
- When a vertebra misaligns, the disc / inflammation around the disc can cause pressure on a spinal nerve. About 90% of these are painfree!
- Nevertheless they still cause pressure on that nerve and decrease the nerve output to the rest of the body.
- Don`t not sit longer than 30 minutes at a time.
- Henry Winsor, MD – “Chiropractors claim that by adjusting one vertebra, they can relieve stomach troubles and other problems”; The University of Pennsylvania gave Dr. Winsor permission to carry out his experiments to prove or disprove chiropractic. In a series of three studies he dissected a total of 75 human and 22 cat cadavers. Dr. Winsor`s results: “There was nearly a 100 percent correlation between minor curvatures of the spine and diseases of the internal organs.” So medicine has proven that chiropractic works! The most amazing thing: this study was performed in 1921.
- Now it`s time to put it all together! Try to adopt a few hints and become a healthier you!